On Thursday morning, the Duke of York, 61, was seen leaving Royal Lodge, his home on the Queen’s estate in Windsor, in a black Range Rover. Images show the prince sitting in the back seat of the vehicle while being driven from the property.
The Daily Mail reports that Andrew’s solicitor Gary Bloxsome accompanied him in the car as the Duke visited the Queen at Windsor Castle.
The 48-year-old lawyer from London law firm Blackfords could be spotted sitting in the front seat of the vehicle as it was driven from the grounds of Andrew’s home.
It is not clear as to why Mr Bloxsome was in attendance but his involvement could suggest Andrew was aware of the seriousness of the situation and had been taking legal advice.
The lawyer could also have been present to help the Duke explain to Her Majesty about the legal system in New York for Andrew’s ongoing civil case.
However, reports claim Mr Bloxsome was not allowed into the castle while Andrew and his mother spoke.
Instead, he was allegedly forced to wait outside in the car park while the 90-minute meeting took place.
Royal commentator Angela Levin took to Twitter to comment on the claims, writing: “Andrew took his lawyer along when he was summoned to go and see his mother, the Queen.
“The lawyer wasn’t allowed in and had to sit in the car waiting for Andrew to come back.”
Andrew’s summit with the Queen on Thursday marked the first time the Duke had been spotted in public since a judge ruled his civil sex assault case could proceed after his lawyers attempted to get it dismissed.
His lawyers cited a 2009 deal signed by Ms Giuffre and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, which saw Ms Giuffre agree not to sue any “potential defendants”.
They argued Ms Giuffre had waived her right to pursue a claim against the royal.
However, Judge Lewis A Kaplan said the case could continue.
In the conclusion of his ruling, he said: “For the foregoing reasons, defendant’s motion to dismiss the complaint or for a more definite statement is denied in all respects.”
David Boies, Ms Giuffre’s lawyer, told BBC’s Newsnight the recent ruling was “an important step” in moving towards a trial.
The ruling now means the case moves to the “discovery” phase.
The discovery process will see Andrew and his accuser being questioned by the other’s lawyers under oath.
Ms Giuffre alleges Andrew sexually abused her on three separate occasions in 2001 when she was a minor under US law.
The Duke of York has repeatedly denied her claims.