Prince Andrew and Fergie spotted out for first time since Queen stripped Duke’s titles

The Duke of York returned his royal patronages and ceremonial military titles to the Queen earlier this week as he prepares for a legal battle against Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre. Ms Giuffre has accused Andrew of sexual abuse, claims which he vehemently denies.

In new pictures from Saturday January 15, Andrew and Sarah were seen driving from Royal Lodge, his residence in the grounds of Windsor Great Park in Berkshire.

Tailed by a security detail, the Duke and his ex-wife are seen exiting the gates of Royal Lodge.

It comes just after Queen Elizabeth II decided to strip her son of his titles as the legal case being brought by Ms Giuffre over sexual assault allegations presses on in New York.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: “With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.

“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

A royal source said: “All of The Duke’s roles have been handed back to The Queen with immediate effect for redistribution to other Members of the Royal Family – will not return to The Duke of York.

“The Duke of York will no longer use the style ‘His Royal Highness’ in any official capacity.”

Royal expert Duncan Larcombe told OK! that the Queen will be “frustrated” with how the situation has been handled, especially on the year of her Diamond Jubilee.

Mr Larcombe said: “As a mother, this is the stuff of nightmares.

“The Queen on her Jubilee year, is being hit by this double whammy effect of trouble for the firm and trouble for the family.

“She has spent so many years building the reputation, and then suddenly it comes out.

“The Epstein thing has been under the surface for a decade, but it’s now exploded. It’s one disaster after the other.”

MORE TO FOLLOW